Monday, December 31, 2012

MY FAMILIAR



 "Occasionally in life there are those moments of unutterable fulfillment which cannot be completely explained by those symbols called words. Their meanings can only be articulated by the inaudible language of the heart."

-Martin Luther King, Jr.

Roux, a large beautiful and majestic orange tabby, came into my life when he was only eight weeks old.  He was a runt and was found in the garbage dumpster two days into his life.

Browsing the animal carriers at the adoption center I came upon a two little orange kittens.  The male, the darker of the two, reached his paw out through the cage toward me.  I knew instantly he wanted to go home with me.  And so he did.

Roux as Familiar
Now nearly 15 years later, Roux and I have been through a lot together.  Cross-country moves, trying relationships, emotional and physical challenges and strengthening of my psychic healing abilities.

As mentioned in a previous blog, I underwent an eye procedure to repair a hole in my right retina and had to lay face down for seven days. Roux stayed by my side through the entire recovery period.  He got up only to eat and use the litter box but every other moment was spent either lying across my legs or next to me.

Many of you have beloved four-legged friends that do wonderful and amazing things.  Like me you revel in their unique personalities and treat them like family. Roux is very different from any cat I've ever had the privilege to coexist beside, mainly because of his uncanny ability to hold eyes with humans.

A week or so after my recovery ended I noticed that Roux's right pupil was dilated and fixed.  I immediately took him in to the vet, where he was given a battery of tests. There was no discernible reason why his pupil was dilated this way. As western medical practitioners are trained to do, they suggested a few possible reasons, including brain tumor.



But, I suspected something completely different. I believe that Roux manifested sympathetic symptoms for me, perhaps even taking on the energy in order to relieve me from the disturbance. I sense that my beloved familiar has taken on this traumatic energy in order to offer me healing.

Because I believe that Roux and I have traveled in past lives together I believe that we are very connected. This is known as a "familiar".  Roux is attuned to my powers and often travels with me in the dreamtime.  I enjoy his company, care for and protect him, love him, but NEVER own him.

Huge spirits often dwell in little bodies.  The depth of gratitude and love I hold for this 16-pound comrade is indeed unutterable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment