Wednesday, March 12, 2014

UNDER THE HOUSE

truncate :  to shorten by or as if by cutting off

When I was a child growing up in New Orleans, I had a favorite hiding place.  Cool and shady, even during the hottest, most humid summer, no one could see me and I could let my imagination run wild.  It was under the house.
There, I felt safe.  My dad was an angry and abusive man.  He drank to oblivion most nights, which was really the best case scenario.  On the nights when he drank one-too-few beers, he could become very agitated and physically violent.  I was usually the target of his ire.
My mom suffered from schizophrenia.  Hiding under the house provided refuge from what was going on inside those four crazy walls. 
I’d learned how to “jump out” of my body at a very early age – around two-and-a-half years old.   At the time I didn't consciously know what I was doing, but I know now that it was my way of keeping my mind safe while my body was being injured I was practicing “truncation”.

Truncation might also be called compartmentalizing, which is a widely used psychological analysis.  We separate events, thoughts and feelings from the core Self, usually as a way to avoid some type of pain.
Eventually, to become a healthier person, I had to learn to integrate all the hiding places in my world.  That didn’t begin to happen until adulthood.  Actually, it’s still happening.
Staying present has its advantages.  Compartmentalizing – not so much.  All of life is happening in this very moment, as I write this.  Nothing else matters.  I don’t want to miss a thing.
If you were traumatized as a child – in any way – you likely truncate and don’t even know it.  If you are accused of not paying attention, of being listless, of not caring…a part of you is likely in hiding.
Integrating all parts of Self is crucial.  When I cut energetic cords – the tethers that keep you bound to early childhood trauma – it’s like stepping out into the daylight.  You begin your healing journey.  You're on the way to becoming FREE and WHOLE.
It’s time to come out from under the house. 

Healer, Psychic-Medium, Intuitive Profiler, Mentor, Speaker and Writer, Connie is available for private sessions by appointment only. Through Intuitive Profiling and movement/release of negative energy, she identifies and cuts unhealthy energetic cords. Releasing these harmful energetic connections allows us to function at a higher vibrational frequency. 


Services:
Private and Couple’s Sessions (cutting energetic cords)Energetic Space Clearing for business (staff profiles included) or homeMentoring 619-573-5927 ~ soulsync@cox.net Shift Happens! 







1 comment:

  1. Thank God you were able to separate your mind and body. You are a true inspiration to me and I'm sure everyone else that reads about or knows you. I can relate to my zoning out, I call it, or in my own world or daydreaming when I was in elementary school and through still today. I suffer with depression and bipolar depression. I am in the process of switching Psychiatrists and start regular sessions of talk counseling. It has taken me 20 yrs to switch Dr. He has had me on the same'm every medicine for almost all those yrs and the same medicine for 11 yrs for the Bipolar. When I'd tell him I didn't feel like the meds were working, he would say, "I have you on the best meds for your condition. I have hope now that I've seen the counselor once so far and then next week will be my first appt with my new Dr. and I will see him on a regular basis, not once a year for 10 minutes like my old Dr would see me.

    ReplyDelete