Thursday, February 14, 2013

LOVE IN A TIME OF SHIFTING CONSCIOUSNESS



"Be a light unto yourself; betake yourselves to no external refuge. Hold fast to the Truth. Look not for refuge to anyone besides yourselves."
- The Buddha
What's LOVE Got to Do With It?


Those closest to me know that I am an emotional “leaper”.  I’m certain that some of my leaps may not appear wise from the outside looking in, but I know that every jump brings me closer to honest self-understanding.  With no regrets about any of the jumps I’ve made, I suspect that I will not stop leaping as I have a robust yearning to intimately know my Self, warts and all.
 
We must not let our relationships be a distraction but rather a
springboard to justly seeing and cherishing our true Selves through the other.


Being in relationship is the most productive way to grow and evolve (albeit, being alone can be glorious:  we never disagree with ourselves, we do whatever we wish, wake up and go to sleep on our own schedule and eat whatever calls to us.  Often, however, we grow very slowly, if at all, during these periods of singleness.  We  gather information while in a relationship and process the information when alone.)   Ideally, commingling our life with another fosters love, beauty, trust, companionship and hopefully, the ability to compromise.  Or, does it always? 

Since my first awakening to my Higher Self, I have been an avid student of LOVE.  Prior to that, I was in monogamous and significant relationships, but mostly as a sleepwalker.  I reacted more than responded, as did my partner.

For many years, I have been waking up to my HEART.  The process is long and often very painful, although with each leap the pain lessens and morphs into a gentler sensation.  I had to come to terms with the ache implanted deeply within, much of which began in early childhood.  Tackling this information with gusto (naively at first; now with purposeful intention), I set about understanding this weary heart of mine.  I made a promise to myself that I would no longer exercise blame and judgment, but rather, simply attempt to look at myself and others for who we truly are. 

Being – and attracting a Spiritual Partner –is at the forefront of my emotional desire.  A spiritual partner challenges us to understand our deepest nature, thereby assisting us in our evolvement.  Ideally, we will do the same for our mate.  I believe that we are mostly all emotionally wounded beings, often with only a myopic view of existence.  We act and react from a place of pain and lack of trust.  We seek to protect ourselves above all else (animalistic), with so few of us really willing to take that all-mighty emotional leap of faith.  It is precisely because of that single-scope vision that a true spiritual partner is needed.  Otherwise, we are merely robotic beings going bump in the night.

In agreement with many of the travelers I’ve met along the way, the importance of communication is often mentioned early on during the initial period of getting to know one another.  Many of the self-proclaimed “communicators” were really only “talkers”.  Too many words lacking real depth; a great deal of projection with no true self-awareness.  Then again, maybe we’re all just talkers until we begin to awake and behold the wisdom of listening.

I say again, not for your benefit, but for mine:   I know that I will not stop leaping because I have a yearning to intimately know my Self.  I will continue to walk my talk, especially when it is the most difficult path to take. This is how I evolve and grow.

May your heart be whole and happy, beating with the purest energy of self-love.  

 

Happy Valentine’s Day

p.s.  A great little book on dating:  
 If the Buddha Dated by Charlotte Kasl, Ph.D.






Connie Stewart, Intuitive Profiler, Medium
Energetic Space Clearing (Corporate and Private)
Cutting Energetic Cords to the Past
619-573-5927 

No comments:

Post a Comment