Tuesday, May 14, 2013

ARE YOU A HIGHLY SENSITIVE PERSON?


THE HIGHLY SENSITIVE PERSON, a book written by Elaine Aron Ph.D., came into my life recently.  A Divine event for which I am personally grateful.

All my life, I have been regarded as “too sensitive” to stimulus that others take in stride.  Loud noises (hated those loud commercials on TV), strong smells, chemicals, ceratin foods, brash people, negative news reports, violence, horror, etc.  You get the picture. 

Can you relate?
My dad was not a HIGHLY SENSITIVE PERSON (HSP); he was the source of most of the insults and injuries to my sensitivities.  But, because most everyone else closest to me were also HSP, I had to find a way to cope, to survive and to help.  I threw myself in the path of caustic behavior to protect my mom, younger sister and brother.  This created quite a few dings in my already-vulnerable outer self.

Today, I use my HS nature to access my extreme psychic, medium and healing abilities.  I have found a useful and meaning way to live my life, although I still have to remember to be gentle with my responses to certain stimuli.  I’m aware that many others are still floundering, however, feeling less-than their bold counterparts, who rush in rarely considering the consequences.  We need those folks because they are the mountain movers of the world – they get things done.  We HSPs often come in is as visionaries and peacemakers.  We are often highly intuitive, even very psychic, and offer our sensitivities in service in a manner that is complementary to our true nature.  Our gift is that we do think about the consequences. 

The balance between the bold and the sensitive has been way off for a very long time.  The bold folks often think of us as sissies early in life, and tease and harass us into submission or hiding.  Their observation of we HSPs as being “different” is accurate, after all, there are many more of them than us... majority rules.  This is very traumatic for the HSP, feeling ostracized and believing that there is, indeed, something wrong with us.  Happily, some have found successful ways to cope and even overcome the stigma. 

It’s possible for we HSPs to begin to think of our sensitive nature as a gift and something divinely bestowed upon us.  We are not seeking to be considered better than our bold counterparts; we simply want to live, work and play side-by-side in harmony.

When I cut energetic cords to the past for clients, I am shown these sensitivities and am able to expand their knowledge of their life experience – and gifts - that their Soul chose.

Are you a HSP?
In her book, Dr. Aron asks a few qualifying questions:

Are you a highly sensitive person?
Do you have a keen imagination and vivid dreams?  
Is time alone each day as essential to you as food and water?  
Are you "too shy" or "too sensitive" according to others?  
Do noise and confusion quickly overwhelm you?  
If your answers are yes, you may be a Highly Sensitive Person (HSP).


_____________________________________________________

Healer, Intuitive Profiler, Psychic-Medium, Mentor, Speaker and Writer, I am available for private sessions by appointment only. Through Intuitive Profiling, I identify and cut unhealthy energetic cords. Releasing these negative energetic connections allows you to function at a higher vibrational frequency.

I also perform Energetic Space Clearing for business (staff profiles included) or home.

619-573-5927 ~ soulsync@cox.net

Shift Happens!





No comments:

Post a Comment