Monday, April 22, 2013

THOU SHALT NOT FORGIVE



Rabi David Wolpe’s article, TIME TO FORGIVE THE TSARNAEV BROTHERS?  NOT SO FAST. appeared in The Washington Post today.  In part, he said,

 

Forgiveness is irrelevant if it is only words. “I forgive him in my heart” means little. To watch something unfold on TV and then declare your forgiveness for the perpetrator is a cheap and empty declaration.” 

 

I wholeheartedly agree.  I do not believe in the traditional meaning of forgiveness. Forgiveness is not possible to achieve in the way that most define it. If we are told to forgive and can't find it within our heart, are we then a sinner? I say NO. 

If, however, we look for the reason why we have experienced such an event, we might just glean a deeper understanding of our own self, including and especially our fear. 

To say we forgive, yet to act in a manner completely opposite of that is inauthentic. Yet, we are driven by church, morals and family upbringing to aspire to such forgiveness.

Regularly I send gratitude out into the world for what I may have learned about myself through having the experience, even and particularly in the most trying of circumstances. I seek balance with the Universe as I seek to understand without judgment. 

Offering gratitude when I am hurting is not easy, but neither is saying "I forgive" when I don't really mean it or feel it.

 

As Wolpe says, “The beginning of sanity is the recognition that some acts are unforgivable."

 

_____________________________________________________


Healer, Intuitive Profiler, Psychic-Medium, Mentor, Speaker and Writer, I am available for private sessions by appointment only. Through Intuitive Profiling, I identify and cut unhealthy energetic cords. Releasing these negative energetic connections allows you to function at a higher vibrational frequency.
I also perform Energetic Space Clearing for business (staff profiles included) or home.

619-573-5927 ~ soulsync@cox.net

Shift Happens!



1 comment:

  1. I agree with the words, "Forgiveness is irrelevant if it is only words." From my perspective, forgiveness is not a single act, nor is it a word uttered from conscience reflection. Forgiveness is a thoughtful, extended reflection which one compares self, the act of forgiveness, and the effect of having reached the decision. Forgiveness is a very complex action requiring time and reflection.

    ReplyDelete